Everyone can use a proofreader now and then. When you write or transcribe for a living, you need a proofreader you can depend on so that every document you send out will look the very best.
Great reasons to hire a professional proofreader
- Your confidence level gets a boost when your work is top-notch. Putting the final polish on your work is what a proofreader does best.
- Hiring a proofreader saves your time for more pressing things, like getting to that next meeting on time or turning out your next bestseller.
- Tight deadlines can make you rush through a job and miss critical errors. Partnering with a proofreader gets two people working on that deadline together.
- A proofreader will check for formatting errors (extra spaces, missing spaces, line breaks, indentations) as well as grammatical mistakes.
- Spell-check and grammar software don’t catch every error. They may miss words that are spelled correctly but are out of place, changing the meaning of a sentence altogether. A human proofreader is able to make sense out of what is being said and can tell whether a word is out of place even if there are no misspellings or glaring punctuation slipups.
Are you ready to find out more about the proofreading and copyediting services that I offer?